What newspapers & magazines should we add next?

Weston Mercury

I have been researching the history of Choral Music in Weston-super-Mare using your archived material which I am able to access on line. So far it has enabled me to form a picture of what it was like prior to 1950. One paper which may have been of assistance which was missing was the Weston Mercury (Weston-super-Mare)

407 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Albert Wm GosnallAlbert Wm Gosnall shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Raye GreenRaye Green commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a super recommendation. Please digitise this great old paper.
        Worle History Society

• Chris DerrickChris Derrick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another entry for this same idea, entered by John Crockford Hawley , it has 182 votes, would be good to combine them somehow.

• Chris DerrickChris Derrick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Shame the web address for this is almost prohibitively long ! I'll be emailing the live link to all I can think of and putting on facebook. Maybe Weston Museum and Friends of WM can do the same and on their respective websites and facebook pages ? if not already done. Hope this comes about and for the old Clevedon Mercury newspapers too, eventually, not sure they are even on microfiche.

• John Crockford-HawleyJohn Crockford-Hawley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The only available copy is a very poor quality microfiche in Weston Library. The newspaper's own hard copies were largely lost in flood damage

Feedback and Knowledge Base