What newspapers & magazines should we add next?

Goole Times

We are volunteers at Goole Museum and would love to see the Goole Times on here, please. The newspaper covers not only the social, family and maritime history of the town, but also gives a wonderful insight into the development of a company town, established in the early 1800's with one main purpose - to provide the UK's furthest inland port. This would be such a useful and interesting newspaper to add to your wonderful site ... please?!!

287 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Chris WatsonChris Watson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Andrew SeftonAndrew Sefton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For the number of times i have typed goole.com instead of google.com, you deserve it for that reason alone!

• G. Cooper & J.F. CooperG. Cooper & J.F. Cooper commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be an excellent resource, especially for people who cannot get to see the archives. Our local history should be available to all.
        G & J.F. Cooper

• Maureen WhiteMaureen White commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is a good thing that the history of Goole is not forgotten and that information is at hand to spread in the Goole Times and it would be useful if you would add this newspaper to your site.

• Susan ButlerSusan Butler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a family and local historian I and many of my students make a lot of use of the back copies of the Goole Times and it would be wonderful to have it available digitally.

• Hayley NicholsonHayley Nicholson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hayley Nicholson, Librarian for Goole Library. Many users of our Local Studies collection come to view copies of Goole Times - some held on microfiche, the more recent in hardcopy. Neither of these formats will last forever though. A digital archive would mean that future generations, as well as the current one, can still have access to a fantastic local history resource.

• Debbie HardyDebbie Hardy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As the Curator of the local museum, we use these records regularly to research local history and provide background to our research and exhibitions. A digital version of the Goole Times would, I am sure, be very well utilised.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This newspaper give an excellent history of the port of Goole and the local area. It's a must for those wishing to research the history of the port and town itself.

Feedback and Knowledge Base