What newspapers & magazines should we add next?

Manchester Evening News

Update to the collection so far - at least 1970.

1,255 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Ron shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

32 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Tamara Parker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Surely a ‘must have’ publication for any self respecting website to have covered less orientation towards gratifying Ireland and Middlesex and more acknowledgment to the North’s greatest city!??? 1960-1990s

• Temmy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would be grateful to see the MEN in all its glory !! Manchester has so much to offer much more so than small town Irish papers

• Serena commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Manchester needs better coverage cannot see how Liverpool is judged to have betterment

• James commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If any paper was deserving of having more editions then let it be this one such an important resource

• craig commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

surely britains third city should stand represented on here or even Salford, such a large area to not have a paper is scandalous

• Laurie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Liverpool, Birmingham , Newcastle all adequately covered but still no Manchester ??! What gives surely this should be a priority

• Rudy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

England’s second city
        Still not available ?

Can I ask why? Covered such a large area with a huge circulation in its heyday

• Petra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to see added 1958 to how how the paper delicately covered the Munich tragedy of the Manchester Utd players very thought provocating

• Scott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Home to Manchester United, The Arndale
        Centre, Deansgate nightlife and the Hacienda, Gay Village, Manchester Liverpool ship canal, birthplace of Oasis, Happy Monday’s and and Madchester movement this would be brill to have access back to this time via the Evening news

• Rob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Lots of Dublin based papers but still nothing new added from the MEN one of Britain’s largest daily’s?

• jSJSjsj commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How much longer can we neglect a huge paper so influential to a large region. Come on guys get it all up and no more Irish papers for a while until some
        Larger areas have been covered ie Manchester, Sheffield, Leeds, Nottingham, Bristol and London

• hHhh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Update this please far too many Irish papers being added whilst the population of greater Manchester is Roughly the same come on now thanks

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Manchester Evening News 1919-1930 still missing after many, many years of trying to locate them. Why no response to my notifications, copyright with Trinity has been sorted, according to BNA?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Manchester Evening News 1919-1930 a persistent date gap for many years which I understand has been overcome with more co-operation from Trinity, but still no examples in July 2018.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base